Sunday 14 July 2013

If We're Drinking Coffee On The Terrace It Must Be Sunday

As I said in my blog 'It's Saturday, Let's Do Lunch' it is so easy to lose track of the days here on Leila's Mountain. Although I work from home, I am free to work when I choose, so tend to deal with admin in the cooler parts of the day in the summer, i.e. early morning or late evening. Pretty much every day can seem like a Saturday or Sunday - trip to the supermarket, chores, reading a good book in the sun, either here on the terrace at Il Sogno, down on the beach or even sitting outside Bar L'Ancora in Santa Maria. Whilst we now 'do lunch' on Saturdays, Sundays are marked by morning coffee, (illy, of course) taken on the terrace whenever possible (which is most Sundays from May through to October).
Of course, being Brits we tend to drink copious amounts of tea at home, but quite often grab a coffee when we pop into town. Coffee at home has become our Sunday 'treat', and I love our Bialetti caffeterie. This 'one cup' pot is my favourite, but doesn't get used as much as the more common 'Dama', which every Italian household seems to own, in varying sizes to accommodate the unexpected visitor who may drop by. And then there's the fact that I simply adore my illy Art Collection Francesco Clemente cups, which were a pressie from our son when he flew back
with me in December 2011 to spend a few days with us - they are just soooo cute! And they bring back memories of an afternoon spent in Agropoli's Centro Storico & getting caught in a heavy shower, forcing us to take refuge in Fashion Bar on Corso Garibaldi before making our way back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment