Wednesday 6 August 2014

Roaming Roma: Sightseeing I

For me, the trip to Rome wasn't just about
seeing the historical sites, or even the famous sights
like the Spanish Steps (which aren't actually the
Spanish Steps in Italian, but 
'Scalinata della Trinità dei Monti), it was also about
looking for other photo opportunities &
capturing sights that the 'Average Tourist'
might not spot.

So here are a few of my 'sightseeing' shots
from our long weekend......

It started with this one, which perfectly 
fitted the theme of #fmsphotoaday on Instagram to
find a creative pic involving water, I couldn't have staged
it better if I'd tried....

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink


And on Saturday morning I just couldn't resist capturing these
2 nuns walking behind La Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore....

You know we're not meant to feed the pigeons








Before a brief second when there was no traffic,
affording me this shot

Lined up for a quick getaway?


Then as we headed to Il Colosseo, I spotted
this guy working on the renovations of some HUGE gates

Not sure I'll finish this today
And when we turned a corner to discover ourselves 
in Piazza San Pietro in Vincoli, 
I spotted a vacationing 'baby priest'
trying to find his bearings on a map

How close are we to the Vatican? 




No comments:

Post a Comment