Monday 10 March 2014

Head In The Clouds

I was up at 6.30 am yesterday. Opened shutters, put kettle on for
the first cuppa of the morning & then dashed outside with 
my camera to take shots of the early morning clouds
as the sun rose behind Leila's Mountain.
Not a spectacular start to the day by any means -
maybe I'd missed the best part of the dawn.


Back out again 20 minutes later, after having drunk my 
cup of black tea, and the light has changed from
that golden glow to a whiter shade. 
Still nothing special, but the blue skies beyond
seemed to promise a fine day lay in store.


Then, half an hour later when I stepped outside, I
spotted some clouds I'd only ever seen on
the internet before.
So I zoomed in for a closer shot....


I was pretty sure that these were lenticular clouds, 
but I'm no expert, so I posted the pic on
The Cloud Appreciation Society's FB page.
And they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment